To make working with scene objects more convenient, the Timeline can be separated into several Animation Tracks. A scene always includes the main track called Scene, which contains every object. However, it is possible to create additional tracks and move scene objects to them.
Objects on different tracks can be animated independently, i.e. each track can contain different sets of key frames and different interpolation settings.
Any track can also include one or several Folders which in turn can store other tracks, organizing the scene into a hierarchical structure. When a folder is closed and tracks inside of it are not visible, frames with Mixed interpolation type are colored magenta.
To see objects contained on a track, double-clicking it on the Timeline. If you select an object, the track containing it will be selected as well.
- To add a new track, press the Add track button and name it. If you select one or more objects and then create a new track, the selected objects will move to this track
- To add/transfer objects to a track, select objects you need, select the track and press the Add objects to track button.
- To move a track, drag it while holding
- To add a folder to a track, select the track and press the Add folder button. If you drag one track onto another, a folder to store it will be created automatically
- To merge tracks, select them (by clicking while holding ) and press the Merge tracks button ( hotkey). This way you can remove tracks without losing their content
- You can also hide and lock tracks by clicking checkboxes near their names. If a track is hidden, objects it contains will not be visible in the scene. If a tracks is locked, you won’t be able to select its object in the viewport