Sometimes, you might need to transfer your animation from one scene to another. This page describes several ways this can be done.
If you have only one rigged character in the scene and the .fbx or .dae file with the animation, you can simply import the animation by going to File → Import Fbx/Dae → Animation.
If you have multiple characters in your scene, you can import animation only for the selected objects. To do this:
1. Switch to the Joint Mode
2. Select every joint of the character you want to apply animation to
3. Select Import Fbx/Dae → Animation to selected object from the File menu and open the file containing the animation
After this, the animation should be applied to the character you’ve selected.
Alternatively, you can simply copy and paste animation data from one scene to another. To do this:
1. Open your scenes in different tabs
2. Go to the tab containing the animation
3. Select all of character’s joints
4. Select the timeline interval with the animation you want to copy
5. Copy the selected interval (press Ctrl + Shift + C or select Edit → Copy Interval).
6. Switch to the tab where you want to paste your animation
7. Select the joints needed and paste the animation (press Ctrl + Shift + V or select Edit → Paste Interval)
Note that if you try to import animation in a scene with multiple characters via File → Import Fbx/Dae → Animation, the animation will be applied to every character in the scene simultaneously.