This feature predicts poses a character should assume based on user-applied transformations. Using AutoPosing allows for quick generation of character poses
AutoPosing is controlled by the dedicated set of buttons on the Toolbar:
Enable AutoPosing tool (1)
Pressing this button will generate AutoPosing controllers for the selected character
As of now, AutoPosing can only work with standard Cascadeur models. Custom models are not yet supported.
AutoPosing can work with several characters at the same time. If the scene includes a singular character, AutoPosing is applied to it automatically. If there is more than one character in the scene, you’ll need to select point controllers of the character to which you’d like to apply AutoPosing.
Show/Hide AutoPosing points (2)
This button controls the visibility of AutoPosing controllers
- when controllers are hidden, pressing the button makes them visible
- when controllers are visible, pressing the button hides them
An example of enabling and disabling AutoPosing controllers
For convenience, we recommend switching to the View Mode before using AutoPosing, so Point Controllers won't get in the way
To enable AutoPosing:
- Select the entire character (every point controller)
- Click the Enable AutoPosing tool button
The button should only be clicked once for one character. If you click the button again, this error message will appear:
Once the tool is enabled, a number of controllers will appear on the character model. These controllers are separated into two types:
- Main AutoPosing controllers, represented as bright green points. These controllers are used for adjusting character poses. They are always taken into account when a pose is generated
- Additional controllers, represented as smaller dots colored dark green. By default, these controllers do not influence character pose. However, if manipulators are applied to them, these controllers too will be taken into account for generating poses. Such controllers are colored blue. You can switch between these two states (green and blue) by pressing Shift + Z
Just like with rig elements, both types of AutoPosing controllers can be selected by left-clicking them. You can also select AutoPosing controllers along with their children by double-clicking them with Left Mouse Button.
Main AutoPosing controllers (bigger points colored bright green) can also be selected using red border. Additional controllers, on the other hand, can only be selected this way if their color is blue (meaning they are used for generating pose); if an additional controller is colored dark green (the default color of these controllers), it will be ignored when you use the red border.
When manipulators are applied to AutoPosing controllers, the rest of the character's body parts move along with the selected controllers, generating a complete pose automatically.
An example of using AutoPosing
Similarly to Point and Box Controllers, AutoPosing controllers can be pinned to their position by selecting them and pressing Shift + R. Pinned controllers cannot be moved by moving other controllers.
To remove fixing from AutoPosing controllers, select them and press Shift + R again. It should be noted that once unpinned, the controllers will assume new positions based on AutoPosing simulation (as shown above).