This instrument is used for selecting objects in the Viewport window, which is the second most important action in Cascadeur. To do anything with an object - for example, to use a Manipulator to change its position - you need to select it beforehand.
Unlike other tools, Selector tool doesn't have to be enabled and can be used along with any other instrument.
Selector tool can be used under any Edit Mode. However, it is the current edit mode that defines what types of objects can be selected.
- All types of selection are performed using
- Single-clicking an object selects it
- Double-clicking an object selects it and all its child objects
- Holding Ctrl while double-clicking an object selects it and all its parent objects
You can also select multiple objects to edit them all at once:
- Hold and click an object to add it to the selection
- If an object it is already selected, clikcing it while holding will remove it from the selection
- Select multiple objects at once using selection border (hold and move mouse pointer)
Once you are done with editing selected objects, you can remove selection from them. This can be done in the following ways:
- As mentioned above, you can remove objects from selection by clicking them with while holding
- To cancel the entire selection, simply click something that is not a selectable object, like an empty space in the scene
Selected object can be organized into selection groups, each with its own hot key. To add objects to a selection group, select them and then press and one of the numerical buttons (, etc., including ).
Once objects are added to a group, they can be accessed at any time simply by pressing the corresponding numerical button.
Note: accessing a selection group will not cancel current selection. Instead, object in the group will be added to the current selection.