This set of tools is used for reflecting positions of the selected parts of the character rig to adjust character poses. You can mirror:
Mirroring is performed in relation to the mirror plane:
An example of using mirroring tools with different mirror planes. From left to right: a base pose (left) and its copies mirrored across XY, XZ and YZ (right) planes
Mirror tools Menu
Mirrors the selected controllers on the currently selected frame.
Mirrors the selected controllers on the currently selected interval.
The interpolation on this interval is changed to Fixed.
The next four items are used to set the mirror plane.
- Plane XY (default) - use the plane defined by the X and Y coordinate axes as the mirroring plane.
- Plane XZ - use the plane defined by the X and Z coordinate axes as the mirroring plane. This is a horizontal plane placed on the ground level.
- Plane YZ - use the plane defined by the Y and Z coordinate axes as the mirroring plane
- Set by 3 objects - use coordinates of three selected objects to set the mirroring plane. The objects have to be selected beforehand.
Improperly built rig might prevent Mirror Tool from working properly. To prevent issues, during rigging:
- Set an appropriate Character mirror plane on the Rigging Tool panel
- Make sure the character model is in a T-pose