The Hotkey editor window allows for changing hot keys assigned to various functions in Cascadeur. It can be opened by selecting Hotkey editor from the Settings menu.
The Search field is located at the top of the window. As the name suggests, it can be used to find functions to which hot keys can be binded.
The window includes a number of drop-down lists, each containing names for several functions along with corresponding hot keys. The image below shows the Application list unfolded
To assign a hot key to a function:
1. Find the function in the Hotkey Editor window.
This can be done either by browsing drop-down lists:
... or by using the Search feature that can be found at the top of the window
2. Left-click the name of the function to select it. A text field will appear
3. Press the key (or a combination of keys) you want to assign to the function.
The key you've pressed should appear in the text field
If the key you want to set is already used for some other function, this warning will appear:
Click Yes to reassign the key to the new function, or click No to leave it and choose another key
To remove a binding:
1. Find the function you need
2. Left-click the function to select it. A text field will appear
3. Click the cross at the right side of the field to remove the binding
Now, the key(s) assigned to the function should disappear from the list
Clicking the Reset to default button (located at the bottom of the window) will restore default key bindings.
Default key bindings are listed on the dedicated page.