Cascadeur rig is a set of controllers attached to joints and used to animate the model.
Rigging then is a process of creating controllers and attaching them to joints.
What do you need to start
In order to create a Cascadeur rig, you need to import a model that has:
Note: Cascadeur does not have the functions for creating joints and meshes. You need to make them in another software.
Before rigging, make the following preparations:
- Import your model to the scene by selecting File → Import → Add model…
- Switch to the Joint Mode - this mode is used for creating rigs
- Enable Prototype objects in the Visible and Selectable menus - otherwise, you won’t be able to see and manipulate the prototypes you create
- Open the Rigging tool window by selecting Objects —> Rigging tool
Now, you are ready to start rigging your character.
The process looks like this:
- You attach prototype objects to the character’s joints
- Cascadeur uses these prototype objects to generate elements of the actual rig
What to do next?
- See the Prototype Objects chapter to learn what kinds of prototype objects are there and what purposes they serve
- See the Rigging Tool chapter to learn what tools you have available for creating prototypes
- See Rigging Tutorial to learn how prototypes should be placed on the character skeleton
- Consult the Common Issues page if you encounter any problems